Offered out of our Lawrence and Hyannis offices, Family Continuity’s Family Systems Intervention Program provides flexible services to children and young adults with mental illness and their families. Our diverse outreach program has varying levels of intensity that provide different kinds of support. The purpose of the program is to help families and youth develop the skills and supports they need to promote family cohesion, successful community living and to improve their overall quality of life. Services are provided in the family’s home or in the community and individualized to each family’s needs.
Specific Services Offered
- In home or in the community services provided by experienced Master’s Level mental health clinician and/or paraprofessional
- Family driven assessment process that builds on family’s strengths, desires and needs to support the youth’s continued tenure in the community
- Psycho education about mental illness and diagnosis
- Family treatment and support intervention that teaches skills and competencies to assist the youth and family to overcome challenges
- LInk youth and family to community supports, resources and opportunties
- Care coordination with schools, service providers and entities that provide support
- Provide or arrange transportation as needed to meet goals
The number of hours spent with a family is expected to increase in time of crisis to prevent hospitalization and to wane as the family acquires resources to resolve issues on its own.
Clients are referred by the Department of Mental Health.
There is no cost to families in this program.
FAMILY CONTINUITY - Lawrence